05 July 2015

Hibiscus Half Marathon

A few months ago we had this crazy idea to sign up for a half marathon. I had only ran one 5k (and it was a color run, and we didn't run the entire thing) and couldn't even run a full mile straight. Well, a 10k and a few months later and I finished my first half marathon with an amazing friend. 

Even better? It was on the day that I was celebrating two months down of this deployment. Way to celebrate in a proactive manner!

But even better than that? We ran the entire thing. 13.1 miles, hill and all.  To say I'm proud and want to pat both of us on the back is an understatement! I don't think I'll be signing up for another half any time soon, but we still beat the average time for women in our age group and that's all I dreamed of doing!









No comments :

Post a Comment