20 July 2015

Banana Coconut Popsicles

I absolutely love sweet snacks. Froyo, popsicles, gelato, ice cream. . I could eat it all and be a happy camper.  That being said, sweet treats can not only get a bit expensive, but I also am starting to care more about what's actually in my food products.  I've been having more allergy problems in the past few months so making things at home and controlling everything is becoming more important. Not to mention these were super easy to make.

I had a few bananas with freckles that I had planned on using to make banana bread with, but after perusing pinterest I decided to combine and few different recipes and try out my Zoku popsicle molds. The recipe is super simple:

3 ripe bananas
1 can of coconut milk
3 tbs maple syrup
3 tbs cinnamon

Using your blender, combine all ingredients and pour into your popsicle molds! Super simple!

I actually had a quarter cup left so I would suggest either cutting the ingredients a bit or just saving it in a container in the fridge. Wait at least 8 hours to pull the mold from the freezer, run under water for about a minute and you'll have a wonderful summer treat. Enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment