17 September 2012

WE'RE ENGAGED!

That title is still hitting me by shock. Slowly -- very slowly -- I'm coming to terms with the fact that this entire weekend wasn't  a dream and that Nic and I are in fact engaged. Engaged!!! Oh my golly goodness.

Words aren't capturing the emotions and joy that was felt this day. So while I am going to try my very hardest to tell you all what happened and convey the happiness and love that we felt, there are pictures at the bottom of this post that I'm sure will get the job done if I somehow can't.

I truly don't even know where to begin. Some of y'all have responded with "it was only a matter of time" and you're right. . you could say this day has been in the making for six and a half years but it still is just so surreal.

Saturday started off extremely busy. While we had a pleasant day planned it was jammed packed and started quite early as Nic had to leave around 5 to get back to the Academy on time for his morning work-outs. We had the whole day. He was getting done with his workouts around 12:30-1 and then Eevah and I were heading over for a quick picnic.

After leaving later than I was supposed to, hitting traffic and not being able to find parking I finally sat outside of seventh wing texting Nic that I was there so we could trek over to hospital point together. While I was excited for the picnic it was warm and I was tired of walking so when Nic responded. "My car's in the parking lot. The keys are in the front tire if you don't mind driving it over for me. :)" I didn't think twice.  Yes, it was a little odd but I didn't have to walk so I was happy.

As I was driving over I looked across the water to the fields where we have our picnics to see a group of mids standing around in their chokers (the absurdly fancy long sleeve special occasion uniforms). I snickered to myself about how much it must stink to be standing out there in the sun. As I pulled up I was directed on where to park by a boy I had never met before. Eevah jumped out of the car as soon as I opened the door (lovely little doggy). Upon finding the other end to her leash I hopped out of the car and was told to "follow the rose petal path". I gave him a quizzical look until I walked around the car and saw exactly that. . a path of red rose petals leading up to the guys in chokers and my Nicholas. I didn't know what to do so I clung to Eevah as though my life depended on it and just followed the rose petals.

Someone said something and their swords were forming an arch that I walked under. When I finally got to Nic he had me put Eevah down and took both of my hands in his. Before I could catch my breathe and process what was happening my best friend in the entire world was down on one knee asking me to marry him.

Only after congratulations from all of his friends who make this so special and while we were sitting by the water enjoying our picnic did it really hit me. My best friend just asked me to marry him in the most romantic, and surprising way I could ever imagine. We're getting married. :: cue giggles :: I haven't stopped smiling since nor have I stopped staring at the gorgeous ring on my finger.

I can truly say I have never been happier in my life and I think I can vouch for the fact that he hasn't been either. I've never felt surrounded by so much love and joy, it continues to bring me to tears.

Thank you so much for all of your well wishes! Enjoy the pictures!

 

7 comments :

  1. So beautiful and romantic! He did a good job! I am SOOOOO happy for y'all! :) Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He really did do a fantastic job. I was so surprised and it was so romantic!

      xo

      Delete
  2. So happy for you! ALL VERY GORGEOUS, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you AND CONGRATS TO YOU TOO! Eeeeeeeek! Engagement month, yay yay yay!!!! Haha. :) :) :) :)

      xo

      Delete
  3. What an adorable story and incredible pictures!! <3 Congrats again to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy we have the pictures. . he was contemplating not having anyone photograph it so we would just have our own memories but I'm glad he didn't!

      xo

      Delete
  4. Oh Kam...
    As I am reading your Blog and viewing the pictures...I am sitting here crying.
    We are so happy for you both. We just love Nic, a super nice great guy. A "True Office and a Gentleman". We just can't wait for the Wedding!
    Love Ya Lots!

    xoxo Aunt Bernice & Uncle John

    ReplyDelete