17 July 2012

Toffee Chocolate Kiss Cookies

I've decided to start a new day on the blog: Tasty Tuesdays! And possibly Thursday's if I'm making a lot of things I think y'all would like. We'll start off with a FABULOUS cookie recipe that I made last Thursday. . 

Toffee Chocolate Kiss Cookies!

I somehow got lost on my way home from work and was subsequently tired and hungry and slightly sad that Nic wasn't going to be there right when I got home. As I dragged my feet into the kitchen to find something to munch on I found the cutest set up on the counter. Heath toffee crumbles, mini Hershey kisses and both gluten free cookie and brownie mix. 


If you know me you know that one of the ways into my heart is letting me bake. Give me the ingredients to make a masterpiece (yes these are so good that masterpiece is an appropriate term) and I will be the happiest camper. I will say these don't have a "gluten free" taste to them which is supported by the fact that Nic is eating just as many as I am.

Here are the ingredients:
  • King Arthur Gluten Free Cookie Mix
    • 1 egg
    • 1/2 cup of butter
    • 2 tablespoons of water 
  • Heath toffee crumbles 
  • Hershey miniature kisses
It's quite simple. . follow the directions on the box. Preheat the oven to 350, mix the ingredients together (for those of you who haven't baked anything gluten free. . the mix is really dry. I suggest thoroughly washing your hands and then mixing by hand. It's easier to knead the dough.) Mix what you would presume to be "too much" toffee crumbles in. The more the better. I bit the top of the kisses off and rolled it INTO a small ball of the cookie dough. Flatten it slightly before you put them onto the cookie sheets. Mine were the size of thick quarters and they were perfect. 

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and enjoy! 


I will say I might be switching semi-sweet morsels for the mini Hershey kisses next time. I love love love dark chocolate but Nic. . not so much. . so these were a happy medium. And he picked them out. 

Happy baking! Ciao darlings! 

No comments :

Post a Comment