18 September 2017

Month 3

I hate to say figuring out which weeks are in which month of pregnancy took far too long and involved asking Nic for help.  I don't know if that's just being an idiot, general exhaustion or pregnancy brain, but we're going to blame the last one.  Poor guy made a comment about how I'm almost in my fifth month (!) and I literally made the same comment maybe five minutes later.  Gotta love his patience and ability to just laugh once I realized it.

Month 3 is over and I'm pretty excited, and also just bewildered at where the time has gone! We started doing our chalkboard and photos at week 10 and I've been mulling over doing weekly bump dates on the blog.  I have my belly book and have been doing the bump dates in there so we'll see. I may bring them over, or just continue to do my little monthly updates. It's fun to see how these compare from month two.

That being said here's a quick run down of how month three (weeks 9-13) growing baby went!

Total weight gain:  Without a scale in our house I've only been tracking it from doctors appointments. So far nothing!

Maternity clothes:  Nothing new yet.  My tighter skinny day shorts officially are uncomfortable, but they were uncomfortable before I started working out again so that's not really a big surprise now that I've stopped.

Stretch marks: Still none thankfully! I started using a shea butter lotion post showers.

Sleep:  I'm constantly exhausted and napping.

Cravings:  Church's mashed potatoes and coleslaw.  I've never had Church's before and never ever wanted Church's but one day I wanted mashed potatoes and cole slaw and that was our closest option and the way home, and I've been back multiple times since.  Pregnancy is odd.  Also chocolate and lunch meat (specifically salami and a wrap from Public!) oh and pumpkin spice latte. I don't know how many times I've asked Nic if it's out yet.  Or messaged my poor friend who works at Starbucks if there's any update on the release day.

Don't even bring it near the house: Bacon is still a big no. Which is so depressing.

Missing: Being able to work out, or do anything, and eat anything.  I've been so lazy.  A trip to the grocery store leaves me needing a nap and it has been a harder adjustment.

Feeling:  Still nauseous and super exhausted. Bedtime has gotten earlier and if I'm up until 10 it's a bigger deal.  We did have people over for the big fight and I was up past midnight and let me tell you I FELT LIKE SO COOL. And also was absolutely exhausted and fell asleep right as soon as everyone left.

Emotions:  I don't feel crazy so I'm counting that as a good thing.  I have been getting teary eyed faster at movies and shows.

Looking forward to:  Telling everyone other than family that we're expecting a wee little one! 







 

SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment