18 September 2017

Month 2

It's so exciting to be sitting here writing this draft, knowing that only our parents know about little baby right now. To say I'm excited to be able to eventually share this with friends and family is an understatement. On the same note, it's kind of nice not to have to answer tons of questions and to have such a monumental and life changing "secret" amongst ourselves for a while.

That being said here's a quick run down of how month two (weeks 5-8) growing baby went!

Total weight gain:  We don't keep a scale in our home. I don't think it's a healthy habit to constantly check your weight so I'm not really sure!

Maternity clothes: Not yet, but I officially can't wear some of the tighter shorts I was able to get back into while doing the Tone It Up challenge. Also stole a few pair of Nic's boxers for sleeping because none of my work out shorts are comfortable.

Stretch marks: None yet! I've been liberally applying my Aveeno after showers. It's still too early to see any big changes anyways, but still.

Sleep: I am constantly exhausted.  I've never been a big napper but now I need at least one a day, preferably one around 9/10 if I get up earlier and then one in the afternoon/before dinner.  And then I'm in bed taking my medicine by 10:30 PM and that's pushing it.

Cravings: It changed throughout the month. For a little it was ham and pizza, and then the ham dropped off. It changed to anything chocolate (cake, brownies, Reese's), peaches or nectarines, and water. Tomato sandwiches too.

Don't even bring it near the house: Bacon -- UGH this pains me. But seeing commercials with bacon on TV makes my stomach just twist. The smell also makes me a little angry. Orange juice. Burgers.

Missing: Being able to work out, or do anything, and eat anything.  I've been so lazy.  A trip to the grocery store leaves me needing a nap and it has been a harder adjustment.

Feeling: Nauseous as all hell. Words cannot even put into a description how nauseous I've been.  Thankfully my doctor was able to prescribe a medicine that has made me able to function, but I'm still miserably nauseous.  No vomiting though!

Emotions: I cried because I bought Kit Kat's instead of Reese's on accident, but I honestly find that completely ok because I can't even eat Kit Kat's.  Relatively happy, a smidge more emotional than normal.  And needy. Lol. 

Looking forward to:  This third month and getting into the second trimester. Hopefully feeling better and being able to actually get some energy to do things. 

No comments :

Post a Comment