12 January 2016

2016


Nic and I were trying to figure out our New Years Resolutions; namely whether we wanted to do a main resolution and work towards that, or pick a word and make resolutions/goals for each month that have us following the word.   In 2014 I participated in a "Directive" where you made monthly resolutions and goals.  I stopped once we moved to Hawaii, but the idea of only having a month to complete something really pushed me.

I've decided to use that directive as a model and pick a word for the year and do monthly goals to try and have me living in better terms of the word.  Picking a word was a bit difficult, but I finally decided upon completion.  There are a few things that I really need to focus upon simply to increase my quality of life.

We've had making a budget on our "to do" list since we got married two and a half years ago.  We have credit cards that we would love to pay off, and also really want to start saving for a more family appropriate car and house when those times come.  After a lot of reading (and genuine positive reactions and recommendations) we've decided to embark on the Dave Ramsey envelope method.  The goal for January is to see how our spending is on a normal month with us both home, and then come up with realistic budget goals and breakdowns.  I'm extremely excited to see where this journey takes us, and how we do with it. If you've done the method and have any tips or recommendations, we'd love to hear them!

No comments :

Post a Comment