15 August 2015

Care Packages

One of the things that makes deployment go by quicker are care packages. I enjoy putting them together and I know Nic is happy once they actually make it to the ship.  While I can't control how long it takes to get there -- and right now my latest box is taking an eternity -- I can amuse myself while I put it together.

I have a few friends who have put themed boxes, others who throw stuff in a box, and some who just do whatever feels best that day.  Spending an evening with some wine and my craft supplies is one of my happy places, so I do whatever I can do.

My latest box made me super happy and gave me a great chuckle while I was creating it. I find the idea on a quick Google and changed a few parts of it to better fit us and my patience.  My mom gifted me with a Cricut for Christmas and I've finally put it to good use. If you're interested in making a similar box, the font style I used is the Cricut Craft Room Basic font, and the fish are Create a Critter - 20.


The first few boxes deserve a few shout outs too. I sent Nic off with an Easter "basket". And somehow Nic didn't think of bringing cold weather clothes with him when he left so his first two boxes were full of winter clothes. I'm unbelievably grateful that my husband understands and appreciates a box with a Bring It On quote on it.  His birthday box had blown up balloons in it, but I forgot to take a picture once they were blown up.  That one came straight from Pinterest. They've gotten better as time goes on, now just to think what the next one will be!


No comments :

Post a Comment